Monday, November 28, 2011

1st Week Of Advent (2011) - Monday



Daily Advent Prayer
“Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise.”


Daily Meditation
That He may instruct us in His ways.
Come, let us walk in the light of the Lord!
We want to begin this journey by rallying ourselves
to turn to the Lord with great hope.
In the midst of many discouraging challenges in our lives
and the violence in the world around us,
we desire to spend this day in anticipation of the graces
our God desires to give us.



Closing Prayer

Loving God,
I sense that all is your creation
and everything, and all of us,
are being drawn back toward your loving heart.
Help me to be a person of peace,
To speak about it in an uneasy world,
And to live it among the people
you have put into my life every day.
Light in me a desire to prepare for your coming
to stand in the darkness, waiting, eager and filled with joy.